Gum. We love it when we need it and we hate it when we don’t. And, if you have kids, it’s the worst thing that can happen to your life. It can get stuck in hair, it can get stuck on clothes, but worst of all, it can get stuck in carpet and when it does, it feels like it’s there forever. So what can you do to clean your carpet? Well, start by taking these steps to get gum out of your carpet.
How to Get Gum Out of Carpet
- Step one – Place a few handfuls of ice in a zip lock bag.
- Step two – Put the bag of ice directly onto the gum stain. This will harden the gum so it’s easier to remove gum from the carpet.
- Step three – Use a scraping tool like a butter knife to fully scrape the gum from the carpet.
- Step four – Take a sponge and some cleaning fluid like 409 and sponge the gum stain directly.
- Step five – Cover the gum stain with a clean white towel or rag to soak up any remaining liquid and continue to pat dry.
Now that you know how to get that pesky stain out, clean up the rest of your carpet with Tree Tunnel! Whether it’s your rugs, carpets or even your sofas, we’ll make your home look new.