Have pets? Then you have probably had to clean up after them at some point. Urine can not only stain carpets but penetrate deep and leave a room smelling stale for a long time. Proper cleaning can leave your room looking and smelling like you have never even owned a pet. Follow the steps below to remove urine from carpet.
How to Get Urine Out of Carpet
- Blot as much as possible if still wet.
- Apply detergent solution, blot.
- Apply ammonia solution, blot
- Apply vinegar solution, blot.
- Rinse thoroughly with water, blot until dry.
- If stain remains, apply rust remover or oxalic acid solution.
- Bleaching with 3-5% hydrogen peroxide or sodium perborate might be necessary.
Urine stains may cause permanent dye removal from fibers.
Call Tree Tunnel carpet cleaning today to help remove the toughest urine stains or any stains for that matter.